Need a safety net rigging NVQ assessment?
The NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Safety Net Rigging is for learners who have attended the FASET Safety Net Riggers Course and are ready to be assessed.
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Accessing Operations & Rigging – Safety Net Rigging
About the assessment
First of all, you have to be sure you have the necessary amount of experience as advised by the FASET trainer when you attended the FASET Riggers Course. In this experience, you should have logged in the back of your rigger manual. Once you are confident in what you are doing, arrange for an assessor to meet with you to get you enrolled on the NVQ. You will have to provide evidence to the assessor, this is to satisfy the national occupational standards. Standards are set by industry and the awarding body. The assessment is onsite assessment and training (OSAT) You will be assessed on a live site.
What does the assessor have to do?
The role of the assessor is quite complex. Therefore, the steps they have to make happen are in a set sequence. Consequently, there are certain things they have to do before you can be assessed:
- Profile the learner for the qualification
- Induct the learner onto the qualification, explain their rights and available actions
- Discuss work history and any relevant prior training or qualifications
- Complete a registration form
- Discuss devise and agree with the learner an assessment plan, the who, what, where and when
- Gather evidence that is valid, authentic, current and sufficient, and match the standards
- Review learner progress and feedback
- Support the learner towards achievement, can provide reasonable help
- Repeat steps 6, 7 and 8 until valid, authentic, and current and sufficient evidence has been gathered
- Make an assessment decision – competent or not yet competent
- Learner and assessor to complete the declaration of completion
- Assessor compiles and sends completed portfolio of evidence for verification
- Assessor receives feedback from centre IQA supervisor
- Assessor informs learner they have been certificated
What will I be assessed against?
The NVQ consists of 6 units only one of which is about safety net rigging. There are 5 mandatory units and 3 optional units. One of the 3 optional units have to be selected by the learner. Your assessor will discuss this with you during your initial profiling and induction. the following units make up the NVQ.
- 641 – Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- 642 – Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace (Communication)
- 643 – Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- 252J – Utilising Provision of Fall Protection Systems and/or Equipment in the Workplace (Harness & Lanyards)
- 261 – Installing and Removing Safety Net Rigging in the Workplace
- 392 A – Preparing and operating scissor-type mobile elevating work platforms – MEWP – in the workplace
- 392 B – Preparing and operating boom-type mobile elevating work platforms – MEWP – in the workplace
- 392 C – Preparing and operating mast climber-type mobile elevating work platforms – MEWP – in the workplace
For more information about this course including upcoming course dates and bookings, contact our training team.